Ryan Bumgarner Photography
• M.A. - Photography/Documentary Studies (Western Carolina University)
• B.A. - Cultural Anthropology and Art History (Appalachian State University)
• Ryan Bumgarner Photography - Owner/Operator (since 2001)
• NC Photobox - Owner (since 2012)
• Seventy-Twodpi, LLC. - Web Developer/Graphic Artist
• Wake Forest University - Field Technician (Contract Archaeologist)
• Museum of Anthropology (WFU) - Guest Curator
• Asheville Art Museum - Visitor Service Coordinator
theKnot, Southern Bride, NC Wedding Pages, WNC Home and Garden, Soirees Southern Events, Martha Stewart Weddings, HGTV Dream Home Giveaway, and many more!
The Mint Museum of Art in Charlotte North Carolina gave me the opportunity to document some of North Carolina's finest potteries and it was at this point I knew photography would be my profession. Six months later I had documented over thirty potteries and had photographed over 7000 pieces of pottery in the permanent collection. Since then I have photographed 100's of weddings and have had the opportunity to work with some of the finest businesses in Western North Carolina. I have also performed documentary work for the Anthropology Dept. of Wake Forest University, the Asheville Art Museum, and the NC Democratic Party (shadowed Bill Clinton for 4 hours!)
With a background in both Documentary Studies and Anthropology, Ryan Bumgarner (owner/operator) has learned photographic techniques and concepts through various projects and graduate education. Ryan has continued to explore the artistic sensibility and the technological advances surrounding the photographic world.
2012 Best of Weddings, The Knot
2011 People's Choice, Wedding Wire
2010 Soirees Southern Events
2008 Best of Weddings, The Knot
2006 Best of NC Weddings, The Knot
2002 The Nomad Art and Literary Magazine
-Best of Show "Old Joe Clark, Shin Dig on the Green"